From corporate to consumers, the FT reaches 26 million readers every month.
Since the FT was founded in 1888, business has become ever-more international. To meet the needs of companies, and executives, operating in multiple territories, the FT has expanded to provide leading coverage of the world's markets and international politics. Today, the FT is truly global, with dedicated readers the world over.
The FT is relied upon by leading corporate executives and high-net-worth individuals. Our audience includes the most influential people in business and politics and some of the wealthiest and most discerning consumers in the world.
The most influential people in business and politics - our readers make the biggest decisions in their fields.
- 32% Finance
- 29% Business services
- 16% Public sector
- 13% Engineering / manufacturing
- 10% Other
Surrounded by the finest things life has to offer, our readers are some of the wealthiest and most discerning consumers on the planet.
READERSHIP & REACH
The FT has pursued a subscription model which has taken our paid-for readership to over 1 million subscribers. Committed to maintaining its gold-standard journalism, FT.com is designed to take this growth even further and to ensure readers can enjoy content across all platforms and devices.
The FT's Monthly Global Reach (MGR)
The FT now has the largest audience in its 133 year history with a truly global reach. Because so many of our readers consume FT content on multiple platforms, we have pioneered a way to determine unduplicated audience numbers.
The Financial Times Commercial Strategy & Insight Department has developed a model called Monthly Global Reach (MGR) to measure net audience of Financial Times content, regardless or channel. This is our best estimate of the de-duplicated number of people across the globe who across a month consumer FT content via the print newspaper or digitally via the FT.com browser-accessed website or the FT web app.
MGR also identifies multi-platform users, which represent one of our most highly-engaged audiences. To do this, duplicated use is deducted from the gross audience to ensure each member of this group is only counted once in the net measurement.
MGR reveals that the FT reaches, on average, over 26 million readers every month during a 12 month period. And as syndicated readership surveys show, those readers are senior business decision-makers, high net worth consumers and influential policymakers. This combined global audience number is assured annually by PwC.
To download the Monthly Global Reach (MGR) Methodology please read and agree to the terms and conditions outlined below.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (“PwC”) accepts no liability (including liability for negligence) to each recipient in relation to PwC’s report. The report is provided to each recipient for information purposes only. If a recipient relies on PwC’s report, it does so entirely at its own risk;
- No recipient will bring a claim against PwC which relates to the access to the report by a recipient;
- Neither PwC’s report, nor information obtained from it, may be made available to anyone else without PwC’s prior written consent, except where required by law or regulation;
- PwC’s report was prepared with Financial Times Limited's interests in mind. It was not prepared with any recipient's interests in mind or for its use. PwC’s report is not a substitute for any enquiries that a recipient should make. PwC’s assurance report is based on historical information. Any projection of such information or PwC’s opinion thereon to future periods is subject to the risk that changes may occur after the report is issued. For these reasons, such projection of information to future periods would be inappropriate;
- PwC will be entitled to the benefit of and to enforce these terms; and
- These terms and any dispute arising from them, whether contractual or non-contractual, are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
USE AUDIENCE INSIGHTS WITH OUR INSIGHT CAPABILITY
Combining our proprietary data with market-leading tools and methodologies to inform strategy and deliver successful campaigns.
Our teams of analysts and strategists help to assure, and measure, the success of your campaigns using research and insight at every step. Using our first-party data and proprietary tools, we help you to build marketing programmes that are efficient, measurable and built on a deep understanding of how to engage our audience.
Get in touch
Can't find what you need or want to speak to a sales representative?